Round up a few items for a simple date night idea. This idea turns an ordinary evening in front of the television into a special (and inexpensive) night of fun together. Fill your movie night box for less than $10!
Start with a shoe box…
If you don’t have an extra, you can get a photo storage box for a few dollars at craft stores.
Use this cute printable to cover the top of your movie box.
Fill it with…
- Drinks – for extra fun, I found glass-bottled Coke from the Latin food section of the grocery store. $1 each.
- Snacks – dollar candy boxes.
- Microwave popcorn – $1.50
- Popcorn novelty containers – these are from Kroger for $3. I also found some at Bed Bath & Beyond for a similar price. (Sign up for BBB email and direct mail coupons here – I always have something valid for their store.) You could also use brown paper lunch bags.
- Redbox Rental – get a free rental by finding the latest coupon codes. They only work one time per email address. Don’t forget to return it by 9 pm the next day!
Get ready for your date night this weekend!