Create a relaxing evening to remember with this luau date night! Transform your room into a tropical escape with a few supplies and fun food. This is one of the best date nights we have had together. Come dressed ready for a romantic stay-at-home getaway.
For the Decor
Save money by using decorations you may already have at home!
- Beach towels: Great for table cloths or rugs
- Ferns or dried grass stems
- Display a pineapple on a cake platter
- Air mattress or floor lounge pillows
- Paper lanterns: Here are some really cute ones in tons of colors from Oriental Trading. A set runs $10-15.
- Tropical Photos: Use a calendar, pictures from your travels, or photos from travel brochures.
- Aloha Nui Loa: This cute sign means “very much love” in Hawaiian. Download the free printable.
- Floating sand candle – Find a tropical scent. We love Coconut Leaves from Bath and Body Works. Set the candle on top of a small glass inside a vase. Then fill around the sides with sand.
For the Food
If you’re looking for some time savers, set out a cracker and cheese plate, order ham and pineapple pizza, and pick up some tropical pre-cut fruit like pineapple, strawberries, and kiwi.
For the Mojito Bar
These Cuban drinks are so refreshing with a mint and lime blend. The recipe is for a single serving, but you could adjust it to make a pitcher.
Spend time looking at travel books, or order some beautiful travel brochures for free! Go to Delta Vacations, Sandals, and Beaches to request their materials in the mail. These take 7-10 days, so plan ahead. We would love to do another all-inclusive beach trip in the coming years, and the information is motivation to save.