Need a great Christmas gift idea for your spouse? Give 12 months of dates! In Affordable Date Nights, I mentioned creating date envelopes for the year. Making it part of your Christmas budget will come in handy the rest of the year! You can fill them with gift cards, coupons, or invitations to stay-at-home (free!) dates, making a gift that can be opened all year!
We started this a couple years ago, opening it on the first day of each month, and then setting a date on the calendar. We loved looking forward to something new each month.
- 12 Envelopes labeled with each month
- 12 pages of date nights: I typed a description and included a photo or invitation to the date.
- Gift cards, Groupons, and cash (however much or little you want to spend)
Dates from our first year to get you started:
- Saturday Morning Brunch
- First Date – eat at our first restaurant together and re-watch our first movie
- Driving Range
- Picnic and tennis
- Geocaching – You can find three destinations on this free app. If you really like it, the full version is $9.99. We had a really fun time walking around our neighborhood on a treasure hunt. We both enjoyed doing something out of the ordinary together! Just be prepared with a full battery and outdoor clothes.
- Stay at home Luau – Check out my post from the summer that comes with free printables for a mojito bar.
- Baseball game
- Cooking Date – I wrote what we did here, and listed my favorite recipe ideas for this.
- Spa Night – I used this idea from the Dating Divas. Also check out their post on spa recipes for scrubs, masks, and soaks.
- Big Bang Theory and Take out – Watching them eat take-out all the time makes us crave Chinese food. Or you could set up the Asian Date Night!
- Living room blanket fort and dinner – Add lots of pillows and Christmas lights. Visit Apartment Therapy for some inspiration.
- Board game challenge – A night of your favorite games, and the loser does dishes.